FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
K2 ENTERPRISES ANNOUNCES THE 15th ANNUAL K2 QUALITY AWARD WINNERS FOR 2016
September 12, 2016 - K2 Enterprises has released their annual technology awards for 2016. K2 Quality Awards is in the fifteenth year of the awards and is the most well respected and longest standing awards in the Accounting industry.
In 2015, K2 Enterprises added a new overall award called the Prime award. Each year this award is given to one and only one company that fits the criteria below. If it is deemed that no company fits the criteria, then no award will be given. The Prime award is given to a company that is leading in almost every category listed below.
The following are key considerations used in voting for the Prime award:
- Reasonable management goals and expectations
- Long term stability in the accounting market
- Clear and honest communication with employees and market influencers
- High quality products
- Top shelf customer support
- Significant commitment to product development and product improvement
- Great management vision and direction for both current and future plans
K2 Enterprises would like to congratulate Sage Software as the recipient of the Prime award. This is the second year for Sage to win the Prime Award.
Awards by Category
“A sincere congratulation to all the winners. While K2 Enterprises is not a PC Magazine size organization, winning one of our awards is no easy feat. Each year our teaching team is in front of tens of thousands of accountants and we hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Our votes are based on our experience and feedback from attendees. We have always prided ourselves in taking the consumer advocate role.“ said Val Steed, CEO – K2 Enterprises.
"Our team of instructors spends hundreds of hours each year learning about the latest features of every kind of technology used by accounting professionals. We believe that no other organization in the world spends as much time studying and educating active members of the CPA profession about the entire landscape of accounting technology, and it's our privilege to honor the technology providers who are leading the profession into the future.", said Brian Tankersley, CPA.CITP, Director, Strategic Relationships, K2 Enterprises.
K2 Enterprises Annual Quality Awards are determined by a voting poll of the K2 Enterprises instructor team. The polling members of this team are Randy Johnston, Val Steed, Brian Tankersley, Tommy Stephens, Lawrence (Mac) McClelland, John Keegan, Steven Phelan, and Steven Yoss.
2016 Categories and Winners:
- Best Overall Mobile Strategy – Xero
- Best New Mobile App – Bill.com
- Reseller Program – Open Systems, Inc.
- CPA Program – Intuit Pro Advisor – Intuit, Inc.
- Reseller Channel – Epicor
- New Product – Zoho Books – Zoho, Inc.
- New Module – QuickBooks Online Accountants App – Intuit, Inc.
- Management Strategy – CYMA
- Technical Support – Doc.It
- Customer Satisfaction – BillQuick – BQE Software
- Ease of Use – Avalara
- Marketing Communications – eFileCabinet
- Overall Quality – DisclosureNet - Certent
- Tax Technology – Axcess - Wolters Kluwer CCH
- Audit Technology – Knowledge Coach - Wolters Kluwer CCH
- Practice Management Technology – Office Tools
- Business Intelligence Solution – Microsoft Power BI - Microsoft
- Workflow Solution – XCM Workflow – XCM Solutions
- Small Business Accounting Solution – Sage 50c
- Small CPA Firm Solution – SurePrep
- Entry-Level Accounting Upgrade – Sage 100 & 100c - Sage
- Top Hosting Provider – Cetrom
- Social Media – Dr. Leslie Garrett
- Cloud Power Solution – Accounting Power - AccountantsWorld
- Cloud Ease of Use – Office 365 - Microsoft
- Cloud Top Shelf Award – Canopy Tax
- Cloud New Product – Dynamics 365 - Microsoft
- Cloud Portal – ShareFile – Citrix/ShareFile
“The award winners represent the best of the best of both products and support. If you are considering a solution in an award category we have named, you’ll definitely want to consider the vendor or product that has won.“ said Randy Johnston, Exec VP – K2 Enterprises. “The solutions have outstanding merit this year and we expect them to be long-term players.“
K2 Enterprises is a Hammond, Louisiana based organization that provides continuing professional education services to the accounting profession and marketing consulting services to technology providers in the accounting market. K2 Enterprises delivers approximately 700 educational programs to over 30,000 professional accountants on an annual basis throughout the United States and Canada.
K2 team votes are influenced by end user feedback and experience from consulting and extensive teaching. Detailed biographies on each of the polled members can be found at http://www.k2e.com/instructors.
Contact: Caron Choate
Telephone: (888) 542-9390