Category: Tax Preparation Software
Full time tax professionals, providing a full slate of tax preparation for individuals as well as businesses and tax planning services. They are committed to providing great quality tax services to their clients, and using technology to meet the demands of the marketplace.
- Fully Integrated Package
- Privately owned
- Recognized in numerous industry reviews, placing first in customer satisfaction, support, relative value, and more
- Provides incredible support, answering the phone on the average in less than 10 seconds during the busiest part of tax season
- All of the states are normally approved and ready to go by the first week of January
National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP)
2009 SORTING OUT SOFTWARE
- #1 in Overall Customer Satisfaction
- #1 in Support
- #1 in Ease of Installation
- #1 in Software Reliability
- #1 in Software Updates After Tax Law Changes
Journal of Accountancy
2009 TAX SOFTWARE SURVEY
- 4.5 Overall Satisfaction Rating
CPA Technology Advisor
2010 READERS’ CHOICE AWARD
- Federal/State Income Tax Compliance
- Website Builders for Accounting Firms
- Document Management & Document Storage
CPA Technology Advisor
2009 TAX COMPLIANCE REVIEW
- Support/Training & Help System: ★★★★★
- General Operations/Ease-of-Use: ★★★★½
- Workflow & Productivity Tools: ★★★★½
- Integration/Imports & Export: ★★★★½
- Document Storage Systems: ★★★★½
- Relative Value: ★★★★½
- Overall Rating: ★★★★½ ½
2009 TOP 6
- 1040 Software
2009 TOP 10
- Business Tax Software Solutions
2009 TOP 6
- Tax Suites Solutions
Brief Product Description and Pricing
- Drake's package is unique because they offer VALUE.
- All packages, including office management tools, tax research, accounting and payroll, are included for one price.
- $1,495 (with early season discounts)
- Windows 2000 & XP
- Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Network Capabilities
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
The software is fully integrated with the Client Write-Up product, full of features tax preparers need to handle all of their clients' accounting and payroll needs.
- The Accounts Receivable Module
- Web-Based Portals for Payroll Services
- Check Writer
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Statements
Directly export client information and account balances from the Chart of Accounts into Drake Software, saving time and keystrokes. Easily convert your QuickBooks® and Peachtree® data. Use DrakeSoftware and Drake Client Write-Up for all your tax and accounting needs. Plus, customers who purchase Drake Software can print all reports to PDF and store them in the Drake Document Manager.
Company History and Contact Information
Headquartered in scenic Franklin, North Carolina, Drake Software is a rapidly growing tax preparation software company. The Drake family has influenced the business community in Franklin since 1954, when Clyde Drake, father of the current owner, Phil Drake, opened what would soon become a successful tax preparation business. The younger Drake started developing tax preparation software in the 1970s. In 1977, he decided to discontinue preparing tax returns, and instead focus his energy on tax software. That year, Phil made the decision not to compete with tax preparers, a choice that continues to impact the direction of the company to this day.
When the IRS implemented a new program for electronically filing individual and business tax returns in 1986, Phil soon began using the new technology, transmitting some of the first electronically filed tax returns in North Carolina. In 2004, Drake Software won the IRS Modernized e-file Pioneer Award for its initiative in electronically filing tax returns. Today, tax professionals nationwide use DrakeSoftware. Each year, Drake Software processes more than 9 million federal- and state-accepted returns. The company provides free electronic filing and excellent federal and state programming.
Year after year, Drake develops the tools tax professionals need to build successful tax preparation businesses.