Power BI for Office 365
Catagory: Business Intelligence - Class: Advanced
- Businesses that want to use Microsoft Office for self-service analytics
- Businesses that would like collaboration on Power BI sites
- Businesses that analyze data in Excel from multiple sources
- Ability to create interactive dashboards
- The ability to share analytics in the cloud and consume on the road with Office 365
- Improve visualization using Power View and Power Map
- Access anywhere on any device for live and interactive reporting
Brief Product Description and Pricing
Power BI is a set of Microsoft tools used in tandem with Microsoft Office Excel to provide users with the ability to quickly summarize large volumes of data, create visualizations of the results, drill down on data to see the supporting detail, and share the data in dashboards on Power BI sites. These capabilities can be used to analyze information ranging from financial, sales, manufacturing, or human resources and more. The flexibility of Power BI allows users to create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be easily updated and filtered to spot trends over time periods, regions, budgets or goals.
Additionally, the Power BI capabilities can be extended with Power Map and Power View, two tools for creating powerful and interactive visualizations. Using Power Bi allows you to analyze data in real time, giving you the ability to explore and analyze data, design interactive reports, and share this information in dashboards. For more information on Power BI, visit https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/.
Power BI for Office 365 is used by businesses of all sizes to meet their business analytics needs. Plans vary from small business to enterprise. You have the ability to select a plan that includes the features that are needed for your organization. At the enterprise level, you can mix the types of plans to choose advanced features for a few users, and very limited features at reduced cost for other users. The only plans which include Power BI for Office 365 are the following:
- Office 365 Midsize Business can support up to 300 users, and is $12.50 for a single-user license per month. This offering omits email archiving, eDiscovery and voice integration with Lync.
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 includes everything in the Microsoft Office 365 offering except email archiving, eDiscovery and voice integration with Lync. This version is $20.00 per user per month.
- Office 365 Enterprise E4 includes everything in the Microsoft Office 365 offering except the ability to write files from the Office application on a tablet. This version is $22.00 per user per month, a very small increase over E3 to get email archiving and voice.
Windows 7 and Windows 8 or Apple-current MAC OS versions are available and required. Office 365 is a desktop and/or web client solution, depending on the version licensed. Up to 1 TB of stored files may be kept on Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive for Business for access from computers or mobile devices. Microsoft Office can be installed on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on Windows tablets or iPads.
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
For most tasks, Power BI for Office 365 does not require users to modify any operating procedures compared to an Open License copy of Microsoft Office. Integration from Office 2013 into the shared resources of Office 365 is deep and natural with file open, store, SharePoint, OneDrive all naturally added into the menus. Use of Windows 8 extends the ease of integration into Office 365, but is not required.
Setup of Power BI of Office 365 is automatic with a regular installation of Microsoft Office365. The Office 365 administrator has rights beyond the average user including password control, email configuration, SharePoint Site configuration and other system-wide attributes.
Company History and Contact Information
The company was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen; click to read the history of Microsoft.
Power BI for Office 365 is included in certain Office 365 plans available for purchase from Microsoft authorized partners, direct from Microsoft on-line or through a number of retail outlets such as Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples, and others. On-line versions may be purchased directly from Microsoft at https://products.office.com/en/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?&activetab=tab%3aprimaryr2 Reliable high-speed Internet access is required and is a separate cost to the user.
Office 365 Sales & Service Representatives are available to answer sales questions about a current Office 365 product or service order, or if you need more information before you buy. Call Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support toll-free (877) 696-7786 24 hours/day 7 days/week, or you can chat online with a Sales & Service advisor.