Sage 50cloud Canada (was Simply Accounting)
Category: General Accounting
Class: Entry Level to SMB
- Small Business up to 100 employees
- General, Retail Sales, Light Manufacturing, Construction, Small Non-Profit
- Bilingual English and French (Canadian version); up to 20 accounting users
- Bilingual English and Spanish (US version); up to 20 accounting users
- User-friendly: Choose between accounting and non-accounting terminology, Receivables vs. Unpaid Sales, Sales Due
- Service plan options available for support, automatic payroll calculations, and training (Sage Business Care)
- Trilingual (English/Spanish/French) Customer Support Center located in Richmond, BC, together with our research and development team to ensure the most effective and efficient technical support is provided
- Wide variety of add-on products and services to help small businesses gain efficiencies in reporting, credit card processing, electronic payment processing, online advertising, online invoicing, mobile payment processing, and more…
Brief Product Description and Pricing
Sage 50 is feature-packed and easy-to-use accounting software that allows small businesses to manage cash flow, invoicing and billing in the language of their choice easily switching between English and Spanish in the US version or English and French in the Canadian version.
Small businesses can keep their financial affairs in compliance with a full-time audit trail and automatic in-house payroll tax calculations and updates, while reining in costs. Gain a better understanding of their customers with robust analysis, reporting and forecasting options.
Sage 50cloud Pro Accounting $57.00 a month – Single User
Desktop accounting with cloud access. Covers essential needs like invoices, managing income, expenses, and payments.
- Single user
- Manage and track inventory
- Item assembly
- Job costing
- Create budgets
- Customize tax codes
Sage 50cloud Premium Accounting $80.92 a month for 2 Users
Upgrade from Pro and get advanced budgeting, inventory, audit trail, open multiple companies and more.
- Up to 4 users
- Time tracking
- Manage projects
- Bill of materials
- Departmental accounting
Sage 50cloud Quantum Accounting $360.25 a month for 5 Users
The full Sage 50cloud experience that includes industry-specific functionality and project management.
- Up to 40 users
- Industry-specific functionality
- Track inventory by serial number
- Manage multiple companies/projects
- Role-based security
Processor operating frequency:
- Pro and Premium Edition: 1.0 GHz or higher (2.0 GHz recommended)
- Quantum and Accountant Edition: 2.0 GHz or higher (Multiple-core processor operating at 2.33 GHz recommended)
- 4 GB RAM. Recommended 8 GB RAM
- 4 GB hard disk space (additional 1 GB needed for installation)
- Latest version of Internet Explorer
- Microsoft® supported version of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (with the latest updates from Microsoft)
- 256-colour or higher SVGA monitor, minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
- CD-ROM drive
- Forms that can be sent via email require MAPI-compliant email client, Internet connection, and email service
- Word and Excel integration requires 32-bit versions of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel 2013, 2016 or 2019
- Sage 50cloud integration to Microsoft 365 requires Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Multiuser (Premium and higher) optimized for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Dedicated server recommended: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Terminal Services: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
All online features/services require Internet access. For best performance: upload/download speeds of at least 25mbps; minimum upload/download speeds of 10mbps.”
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
- Sage 50 maintains a full-time audit trail to ensure accounting integrity while providing extreme ease of use for non-accountants. For most tasks, Sage Simply Accounting does not require users to understand standard accounting procedures. Most transactions are recorded using screens that closely resemble paper-based forms such as invoices or checks.
- Sage 50 is very easy to install and can be done without technical support or a professional accountant in many cases.
Representative Client List
Sage 50 is an entry level solution with a long list of users. Here are some of the many customers along with videos about their Sage Simply Accounting experience on YouTube:
Company History and Contact Information
Sage has been in business for over 40 years, providing tools and technology that support the success of small businesses and accountants.
Sage North America is part of The Sage Group plc, a leading global supplier of business management software and services. Sage North America employs 4,000 people and supports 3.2 million small and midsized business customers. The Sage Group plc, formed in 1981, was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1989 and now employs over 11,000 people and supports millions of customers worldwide.
Contact Sage at 866-996-7243