Formerly Office 365
Catagory: Productivity – Class: All Levels
- Businesses that have not licensed Microsoft Office in the past
- Businesses that would like web collaboration with Office products
- Businesses that want email hosting
- Minimal upfront capital with recurring monthly licensing costs
- Many plans include licensing from Microsoft Office Plus product
- All features of the Microsoft Office products are included. Examples include Power BI, Power Query, Power View, Power Map and the ability to write files from tablet versions of Office
- Up to five copies of Microsoft Office per user can be installed on various computers and tablets
Brief Product Description and Pricing
Office 365 is used by businesses of all sizes to meet their productivity software needs. Plans vary from small business to enterprise. You have the ability to select a plan that includes the features that are needed for your organization. At the enterprise level, you can mix the types of plans to choose advanced features for a few users, and very limited features at reduced cost for other users.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic ($5 per user, per month), a simple and inexpensive way of licensing Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business ($8.25 per user, per month), Desktop versions of Office apps with premium features
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium ($20.00 per user, per month), a more robust plan for businesses of all sizes that includes all apps and services, advanced security, access and data control & Cyberthreat protection.
Windows 11 and Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2016. or One of the three most recent versions of macOS.Microsoft 365 is a subscription that includes premium versions of Office apps across all your devices, monthly feature updates, and 1 TB of cloud storage. Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic versions of Office apps installed on one PC or Mac (or 5+ with a volume license).
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
Windows 7 and Windows 8 or Apple-current MAC OS versions are available and required. Office 365 is a desktop and/or web client solution, depending on the version licensed. Up to 1 TB of stored files may be kept on Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive for Business for access from computers or mobile devices. Microsoft Office can be installed on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on Windows tablets or For most tasks, Office 365 does not require users to modify any operating procedures compared to an OEM, Open License or SPLA copy of Microsoft Office. Integration from Office 2013 into the shared resources of Office 365 is deep with file open, store, SharePoint, OneDrive all naturally added into the menus. Use of Windows 8 extends the ease of integration into Office 365, but is not required.
Setup of Office 365 is similar to a regular installation of Microsoft Office. The Office 365 administrator has rights beyond the average user including password control, email configuration, SharePoint Site configuration and other system-wide attributes.
Company History and Contact Information
The company was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen; click to read the history of Microsoft.
Microsoft 365 is available for purchase from Microsoft authorized partners, direct from Microsoft on-line or through a number of retail outlets such as Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples, and others. On-line versions may be purchased directly from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/compare-all-microsoft-365-business-products?&activetab=tab:primaryr2 Reliable high-speed Internet access is required and is a separate cost to the user.
Microsoft 365 Sales & Service Representatives are available to answer sales questions about a current Office 365 product or service order, or if you need more information before you buy. Call Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support toll-free (877) 696-7786 24 hours/day 7 days/week, or you can chat online with a Sales & Service advisor.